Author Topic: I need to have one of these Stealth 9300 series HF Antennas  (Read 5757 times)

AD

• Administrator
  • Extra Class Ham Radio Op / VE, CERT
If your so inclined share it from our FB page https://www.facebook.com/PreparedHam

I want one of these for mobile HF work. But at $1500 I will have to save my penny's Now if they would like to send me one for a review I would be happy to accept. Hint hint!

They also have a dedicated NVIS unit you can see on the roof(rack)

http://www.stealth-tele.com/plugins/custompages/catlist.php
http://www.stealth.ae/plugins/custompages/PDF/9310.pdf

They have a NVIS option with a different whip that ties to the rear of the vehicle for comes between 30-300 clicks.
DEVOTED TO HAM RADIO
Stealth 9310 Automatic Tuning Whip Antenna is a lower cost version of Type 9300 military antenna systems internationally acclaimed for their outstanding performance and reliability in demanding professional mobile operations. Affordably priced yet meeting most military specifications, the Stealth 9310 antenna is the unprecedented example when brand new military grade equipment is made available to Radio Amateurs.
INTEGRAL CONSTRUCTION
Outperforms ALL mobile whips with relays, automatic tuners, custom fit loading coils and manual tap wires!
The 9310 is effectively a centre loaded monopole radiator that provides substantially greater radiation resistance compared to base loaded antenna-and-tuner combination typically used in mobile HF installations. The 9310 antenna consists of two collapsible sections. Serving as RF-insulated enclosure and robust mechanical support for the radiating whip section, the upper part of radiating column section incorporates high-Q stepper inductor driven by highly precise, fast and reliable micro controller operated belt drive. Electrically clean RF-path and optimal RF-current distribution reduces severity of operating conditions for all RF-components and materials. This assures significant increase of radiation efficiency and reliability of the 9310 antenna.
SOFTWARE AIDED INTERFACE
Set it and forget Up-Down push button tuning to maximum noise for minutes. PTT and drive safely!
Unlike other antennas, 9310 features flexible interfacing with any HF radio without auxiliary antenna tuners. Channel data from the transceiver is obtained via RF-cable using an internal frequency counter or received in digital format via control cable. With the supplied CPS-9300 Antenna Configuration Software and USB cable, the 9310 antenna can easily be programmed via a PC to operate correctly with any HF transceiver. In Smart Tune mode selected the 9310 can operate even with radios not equipped with any specific tuner interface. Wide selection of transceiver-antenna adaptor cable options facilitates plug-and-play connection with all known transceiver brands. New transceivers are supported at no charge via timely on-line software releases.
9300.B36.010 28881273
ALL HF AMATEUR BANDS COVERAGE
Tune from ANY previous to ANY new frequency in entire 160-10m in just 0.5 sec!
Stealth 9310 is the only mobile whip antenna featuring fully automatic tuning over entire 1.8-30MHz HF band permitting maximum utilization of any radio amateur HF transceiver specifications and available spectrum resources. With outstanding RX and TX performance and lightning fast tuning, operation from the 9310 mobile antenna resembles operation from a broadband HF-dipole.
HIGH RADIATION EFFICIENCY
Use maximum RF power available from your transceiver!
With an extremely low insertion loss RF circuit, the 9310 is the best-in-class mobile antenna capable of a high duty cycle RF power handling required for intensive voice and data communication. Intelligent tuning and matching algorithm continuously monitors any significant variations of surrounding conditions and re-adjusts matching circuit to Standing Wave Ratio 1.3:1 or less. This ensures that HF-transceiver does not activate its power amplifier protection system and operates at full specified RF power during QSO.
RUGGED DESIGN
Force waters, cross woods, ride off-road, any season, any climate while engaging in a QSO!
The Stealth 9310 antenna lower section is molded from fiberglass reinforced nylon stabilized by artificial aging treatment. The die cast aluminum antenna base incorporates heavy duty anti-vibration rubber mounts, nanotech air valve and military grade connectors. Rugged and impervious to dust and water ingress, the 9310 antenna is immune to temperature variations assuring long term stabile and reliable operation in all terrain and climatic zones.
EASY STRAIGHT FORWARD INSTALLATION
Install 9310 on a vehicle, boat, roof top, balcony handrails or in the garden!
The 9310 antenna is implemented in compact self-contained form factor. It is intended for installation on all type of vehicles or use in base station applications. Installation is facilitated through wide selection of mounting brackets, installation kits and cable length options which can be selected from CPS-9300 software regularly updated on-line. Comprehensive technical support is available from Stealth Telecom Help Desk and Authorized Service Centers.
Like · Comment · Share
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 04:56:57 PM by AD »
The only dumb question is the one that did not get asked!!

ghrit

• Prepper
Re: I need to have one of these Stealth 9300 series HF Antennas
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 06:25:53 PM »
Price is above my resistance level.  See if you can get two of them to evaluate ---
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
KB3ZMF        FN21dy
Amateur Extra Class,  VE
www.survivalmonkey.com

junior125

• New Site Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 10:30:58 AM »
heck for that price I can have 3ish pairs of a 8ft whip and LDG tuner
Vanity AE

AD

• Administrator
  • Extra Class Ham Radio Op / VE, CERT
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 12:34:02 PM »
Yea but this would look way cooler. 
The only dumb question is the one that did not get asked!!

junior125

• New Site Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 09:41:32 AM »
true, my concern would be how durable are they if you're off driving through the woods or something like that
Vanity AE

ghrit

• Prepper
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 10:10:26 AM »
true, my concern would be how durable are they if you're off driving through the woods or something like that
Methinks if you are woods bashing, the odds of any effective comms will be limited and downright silly to attempt while also driving.  Methinks dismounting the limb whacker stick would be a good idea until you got to the top of the mountain.  But that's just me, thinking.  (Pretty unusual, that.  But I have to admit jonesin for one of them whiskers.)
There are two kinds of ships.  Submarines and targets.
KB3ZMF        FN21dy
Amateur Extra Class,  VE
www.survivalmonkey.com