Author Topic: A. American has his book Going Home, book 1 now on Amazon.  (Read 15594 times)

AD

• Administrator
  • Extra Class Ham Radio Op / VE, CERT
A. American has his book Going Home, book 1 now on Amazon.
« on: December 01, 2012, 07:22:14 PM »
Our friend A. American has finally got his book up on Amazon
 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AGEXVV0/ref=cm_cr_ryp_sol_prd_image

This is a great book, and if you have followed this on SB, you know how good it is. 

I helped AA with the HAM radio parts of the book

If you have read One Second After, Lights Out or Patriots and like them, you will LOVE this book.

Here is my Review from Amazon

If you like NBCs Revolution, you will love this book!!!, December 1, 2012

If you are a fan of survival tales, the new NBC show Revolution, you will love AA's book. If your a fan of One Second After, Lights Out, or the Patroit, you need to buy this book. Going Home sets a new "high bar" for this genre.

For those of us who have followed this story a chapter at a time on another website, we are excited to finally see this in Kindle and soon to be in paperback and hardcover.

This is a story of a man who against all odds, makes a epic journey to get home to his wife and kids. This story has it all, struggle of the common man in uncommon situations. Start with a CME(coronal mass ejection), a corrupt governmental agency and rouge members of the military doing their bidding and taking advantage of this event.

A complete collapse of the electrical grid, fried electronic devices turning the clock back on us to the 1800's and members of the military and the common man who believe in the Constution of the United States and are duty bound to uphold and defend it against those trying to create a "new world order".

Although this is a work of fiction, the events that happen in AA's book can happen. We are approaching the solar maximum where solar flare will increase until 2014 and then decline on this 11 year cycle. Do a Google search for The "Carrington Effect or Event". A massive solar flare can cause our electrical grid to collapse around the world. Power distribution stations will be fried along with transformers at those stations and on power poles.

Or toss a Iranian or (enter your own rouge nation here) nuke high in our atmosphere and create EMP event and it will have the same effect. Want to know what effect an EMP would have on is, read the 2008 congressional report on it here http://www.empcommission.org/docs/empc_exec_rpt.pdf frickin scary!!!!

It would take years to restore our outdated electrical grid. As of this writing, people on the east coast are still without power after hurricane Sandy a month after the event. Imagine a nation wide or worse hemisphere wide Carrington Event. Chaos, riots, no food or medicine, gangs all at your doorstep. Sounds like fun dosent it?

Like i said Going Home is work of fiction, but there are many things that could happen to trigger these same outcomes for us all. Its worth a read, to see how, at least in AA's mind, these events play out.

Are you ready for something like Going Home to happen to you?
The only dumb question is the one that did not get asked!!

Rockntoy

Re: A. American has his book Going Home, book 1 now on Amazon.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 10:24:15 PM »
I will second every part of that. I have been following his story for a long time, since it's start, and this is a have to have book in my library. His story line is what got this site started and it has been good.
My last words are BUY THE BOOK8)
XTRA Ham
Follower of AA

Electromag

• New Site Member
  • Extra Class Operator
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 09:29:19 PM »
Bought the book and am about 1/3 of the way through.  Really like it.  I've read a ton I don't much care for but when you put it up there with One Second After and Lights Out, I had to give it a try.  So far so good.

AD

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 11:47:57 PM »
I am reviewing his Book II right before it goes to the publisher. 

Read it a while ago on the other forum and its even better then book one.

W.Lynn

• CDT
  • Trouble-making grandma
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 09:20:20 PM »
The edit continues - my tablet is on the charger while I take a break for some sweet tea.  Open Office rocks.

Electromag

• New Site Member
  • Extra Class Operator
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 09:47:47 PM »
Going Home was indeed a great read.  It's right up there with Lights Out and One Second After.  That's really a big compliment from me.  Looking forward to book II.

Tempstar

• Extra, VE, SC Agency MARS, AUXCOMM, ARES/RACES
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 08:24:19 PM »
Sadly, I'm over half way through....I hope book two is out soon! Great read and believable. Good Job A. American!
"Preparedness is a lot more than just buying stuff"

W.Lynn

• CDT
  • Trouble-making grandma
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 09:55:15 PM »
I've done my part, and would happily start editing #3 if he was ready for that to happen.  Though problems might arise if any paste-eating window lickers found out it was under way without their unique brand of commentary and encouragement. 

But I'm sure he'll get into the work of it, when he has the current round of business matters settled.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 10:21:32 PM by W.Lynn »

AD

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 10:12:06 PM »
I am halfway through edit on book two.

XJP5

• Global Moderator
  • Extra Class Operator
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 09:04:17 PM »
Just finished reading the Kindle version tonight. What a great book. I couldn't put it down and finished all 404 pages in just a few days. I can't wait for the sequel to come out!  :)

W.Lynn

• CDT
  • Trouble-making grandma
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 11:42:15 PM »
Just finished reading the Kindle version tonight. What a great book. I couldn't put it down and finished all 404 pages in just a few days. I can't wait for the sequel to come out!  :)

Book 2, Surviving Home, is out @ Barnes & Noble, new cover art on both, now that a swollen-headed author got a big publisher with all kinds of real editors and artists and stuff.  ;)

Check it:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/surviving-home-a-american/1115733902?ean=9780142181287

XJP5

• Global Moderator
  • Extra Class Operator
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 07:48:52 AM »
Book 2, Surviving Home, is out @ Barnes & Noble, new cover art on both, now that a swollen-headed author got a big publisher with all kinds of real editors and artists and stuff.  ;)

Check it:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/surviving-home-a-american/1115733902?ean=9780142181287

Excellent. Looks like it's available for the Kindle as well. Just purchased a copy, since I'm anxious to find out what happens next. Thanks W.

http://www.amazon.com/Surviving-Home-A-Novel-ebook/dp/B00DMBMRYG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372856000&sr=8-1&keywords=Surviving+Home%3A+A+Novel
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 08:22:03 AM by XJP5 »

W.Lynn

• CDT
  • Trouble-making grandma
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 08:31:40 AM »
Welcome, hope you enjoy it.  Easily as riveting as the first.

W.Lynn

• CDT
  • Trouble-making grandma
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2013, 02:27:29 PM »
You know, if you're interested, you can be social with the author over at http://angeryamerican.net - helping get that site going has been one of AD's distractions lately.  We've also been encouraging members there to head over here and start studying.

;D

XJP5

• Global Moderator
  • Extra Class Operator
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 05:33:41 PM »
You know, if you're interested, you can be social with the author over at http://angeryamerican.net - helping get that site going has been one of AD's distractions lately.  We've also been encouraging members there to head over here and start studying.

;D

Didn't know that ... just registered on his forum, thanks.