Author Topic: Travel Protection when CCW wont work  (Read 9237 times)

AD

• Administrator
  • Extra Class Ham Radio Op / VE, CERT
Re: Travel Protection when CCW wont work
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2015, 09:46:09 PM »
In that case you DONT claim your bag and carry NRA firearms insurance.  Make them FWD it to you. 
The only dumb question is the one that did not get asked!!

BTPost

• Old Fart Ham
  • Prepper
    • Bruce's Trading Post
Re: Travel Protection when CCW wont work
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2015, 05:44:18 PM »
I have traveled with a handgun, (Browning HiPower) and Knife, (10" Kukuri) for 40+ years, and never had an issue, accept with ONE TSA Big Shot, in Austin, Tx, who apparently had never actually READ the Federal Statutes that govern FireArm Transportation via Aircraft, or the relevant sections of the Gun Control Act of 1968, as amended. In the Enabling Statute for TSA, they were given NO Federal Police Powers, and must rely on local Law Enforcement (Airport Police) for Enforcement Muscle, should that be required. The TSA can ONLY refuse to allow Persons, into Secure Areas, and onto Aircraft.  They may REQUIRE Inspection of of the LOCKED Case, in which the FireArm is being Transported, as checked Baggage, HOWEVER, they are REQUIRED to contact the Owner, and bring that Owner to the Case, and have the Owner, Unlock the Case with a Key, or Combination, that ONLY the Owner has access to. TSA is NOT Allowed, by Specific Federal Statute, to handle, or even touch, the Firearm, but must have the Owner, demonstrate that the FireArm is Unloaded, and any Ammunition that is present, is in a suitable Transportation Container, or the Original OEM Container, and is in compliance with the relevant Statutes.
As an FFL Licensee ALL my FireArms are inventoried as as part of My BoundBook Inventory. It is a Federal Felony, for ANYONE to remove an Inventoried FireArm, from my Personal Possession, even for a second, PERIOD, and a requisite Notation MADE n MY Bound Book. There is NO EXEMPTION, for ANY State, or Local, Law Enforcement in that Statute, PERIOD.... One of these days, some Yahoo Cowboy local Cop, is going to try and relieve me of a FireArm, in my possession, and I will comply, under Protest, and then I will be meeting him, in Front of a local Federal Judge, where he can try and explain just why he shouldn't be convicted of violating the Gun Control Act of 1968 as amended. There are only two Federal Law Enforcement Officers that have Statutory Authority to make such a Removal. A US Marshal, and an ATF Agent with a Signed Court Order, by a Federal Judge.
It PAYS to know the Federal Statutes, and your specific Rights, under those Statutes. Just Say'en.... YMMV....
Bruce in alaska AL7AQ