Author Topic: Passed All Three  (Read 6870 times)

3M-TA3

• New Site Member
Passed All Three
« on: September 07, 2017, 10:12:33 AM »
Not posting to brag, but wanted to give credit to HamTestOnline and point anybody who feels overwhelmed in their direction. Due to their excellent teaching method they call adaptive learning I passed each test with ease last Sunday evening. While the VE's would not share my scores stating that it was against the rules I did pay attention to the VE's while grading and by counting the marks they made it appeared that I missed 2 on the Technician, 1 on the General, and 2 on the Extra. Now the real learning begins.

If you are struggling, please give HamTestOnline a look. It is a paid program, but by the time you are done you will not only know the answers to the questions but all the "whys" behind them and a whole lot more. The way their courses are structured, they first give an overview that also has several offsite links for reference. After the overview you are tested with questions from the exam pool. The software keeps track of whether you got it right, wrong, or close to right and then adapts to meet your needs by focusing more on the subjects and individual questions where you are the weakest.

Free test drive: https://www.hamradiolicenseexam.com/try-it.htm
Price list: https://www.hamradiolicenseexam.com/prices.htm
They also have a program to give the Extra class to VE's for free: https://www.hamradiolicenseexam.com/free-extra-course-for-active-volunteer-examiners.htm

Flight-ER-Doc

Re: Passed All Three
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 02:57:04 PM »
Congrats.  And it's not against the rules to tell you your score.

AD

• Administrator
  • Extra Class Ham Radio Op / VE, CERT
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 12:08:40 PM »
CommGrats sir welcome to the club
The only dumb question is the one that did not get asked!!

DragoSapien

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 08:55:09 PM »
Good for you!!!!!!!!! I have another friend that wants to get his, Ill tell him about it.

AD

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 11:10:05 PM »
Wrote the bok on the study method a while ago
http://www.preparedham.com/forums/index.php?topic=57.0

3M-TA3

• New Site Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 12:55:42 PM »
@AD that is so friggin scary close to what I did with all three tests it's unreal. The last two days before the test I did nothing but take practice tests. I went three Tech, followed by three General, followed by three Extra. Take a short break, then repeat until I was too fatigued to learn from my mistakes.

AD

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 10:33:08 PM »
Like minds sir, like minds.

I was going to do the trifecta, but was heading out on a 3 month long TDY for work and just did tech and general which gave me 90% of the HF.

6 months later did the Extra. Then took 6 months to get a 2X1 call AD1E..... kind of fitting dont cha think ;)

3M-TA3

• New Site Member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 03:19:53 PM »
That's pretty cool. I'm still checking the FCC database about 15 times a day...

3M-TA3

• New Site Member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 03:25:27 PM »
Was going to add that I was preparing for the trifecta as a personal challenge, but would have been happy to leave with the just Technician.

Flight-ER-Doc

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2017, 05:24:08 PM »
Congrats again.

For anyone just trying for Tech, after you pass the tech test, sit yourself right back down and take the General....it doesn't cost anything extra (except some time), there is no downside if you fail (you get the answer sheet, the FCC and VE don't get a record).

I pretty much force (not really, but.....) new techs to take the general exam when I VE...and the vast majority of them (like 80+%) pass it, the questions are that similar.

Think of it....zero to the WORLD in one sitting.