Author Topic: FCC to eliminate 1/2 of its field agents  (Read 9776 times)

BTPost

• Old Fart Ham
  • Prepper
    • Bruce's Trading Post
Re: FCC to eliminate 1/2 of its field agents
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 06:40:15 PM »
Well the FCC did have a "Task Force" back in the day. It was made up of an enforcement LawDog, 3 FCC Engineers, 1 EIC (Engineer in Charge) and a US Marshal. This "Task Force" was empowered to Monitor, Investigate, Search, and Confiscate, ANY and ALL, UnLicensed, OverPowered, or Interference Related, issues, in the USA. They mainly went after HIGHPowered CB'ers, and Unlicensed Broadcasters, usually in the FM BROADCAST BAND. They would move from State to State, setup in a Major City, in that State, Monitor the Bands, and then with Warrants in Hand, ride out and Inspect, Bust, Confiscate, and Jail. the Bad Guys. One of my Old EICs, that I worked for, was one of the Engineers, on the Task Force, in his early career. The US Marshal supplied the Federal Muscle, and when required got the local Sheriff, to supply the Backup Muscle, if it was needed. One thing you NEVER want to mess with is a US Marshal. He can follow you to the ENDS of the EARTH, if needed., and he doesn't take "C**P off ANYONE, Period. The Task Force was disBanded, when CB went to a Nationwide Blanket License, and then each Field Office, would mount a local Task Force, for specific Cases of exceptional Bad Behavior, with the LawDog coming from HQ, and a Deputy US Marshal, assigned from the local Federal Court.  Since the FCC, was never given "Police Powers" in the Communications Act of 1934, as amended, in Statute, the LawDog would write up the Affidavits, for the Warrants, and have the Federal JUDGE Sign them, and give them to the US Marshal, who would serve them, and  then the FCC Guys would just pack up the Gear, as Evidence, destroy the FeedLines and Coax, as per the Warrant, and haul the Perp, of tto the local GrayBar Hotel, where the local US Attorney, would make his life miserable for a few weeks. the Federal Judge usually would turn the gear over to the FCC, as part of the Sentence, and give the Perp a BIG Fine, with usually minimal Jail Time, (timed Served) but LONG Probations. Very few Repeat Offenders, that I ever heard of. It is a completely different story these days, as there are very few of the Old Style FCC Engineers left in the Field, and the LawDogs hardly ever leave HQ, for ANYTHING. and folks wonder why no one knows ANYTHING about the use of illegal StingRay Devices, in todays World.....   . Don't Ask, Don't tell, and Don't Smell....
Bruce in alaska AL7AQ

idial1911

• Administrator
  • Extra Class and VE
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2015, 07:57:54 PM »
I have met someone that has been raided 3 times by FCC SWAT teams
he did pirate FM broadcast stations and started taking to much advertising money from the sanctioned stations
they kicked him out of jail for corrupting the other prisoners (teaching them civil rights and legal scams)
it was a very fun conversation,
he had given it up by the time that I met him, he was getting older and appeared to not want to bother anymore,
he did teach me how to set it all up and not get caught, I never used any of that info, but did share it with others
the need for that kind of radio station kind of vanished after the internet showed up,
and if they start to filter the net, I bet they will be back

FCC SWAT teams make me laugh. As we know, breaking down the doors of a pirate radio station run by a pothead hippy jamming out to rush can only be accomplished by a swat team, flash bangs, in full battle rattle.. Honestly, if they knocked on the door and offered free cheetos they probably would got much easier..

To be clear, you got taught "how to setup a pirate radio station and not get caught" by a guy who got himself caught 3 times??? ;) I couldn't resist!!
The more I learn, the less I know.

spacecase0

• my spiritual forum
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2015, 10:18:43 PM »
To be clear, you got taught "how to setup a pirate radio station and not get caught" by a guy who got himself caught 3 times??? ;) I couldn't resist!!
that is pretty funny now that you point it out

he did not try very hard to not get caught, he was well known due to the advertisers he had,
his issue was taking to much advertising money from the legal commercial stations
he wanted the money, so he was not using the tricks he knew

PLA

• Se Az / Extra/VE
    • The Quiet Survivalist
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2015, 07:20:03 PM »
I see another concern in the RIF statement.  The part about partnering with other agencies for enforcement.  Could this be DHS?  A transition to eventually let them do all such enforcement and do away with the FCC altogether?

~TG

Not partnering
Just re badging the agents with a bigger mission  The underlying issue here is not the FCC, its other agencies taking over the mission

Remember who I work for................