Author Topic: Who wants in on HAM Test Online - the offical "log"  (Read 21612 times)

Slick75

• New Site Member
Re: Who wants in on HAM Test Online - the offical "log"
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 06:14:31 PM »
What kind of time frame are we looking at?

Im out for at least another week, maybe as many as 4 weeks if its something I have to actually be home for.

AD

• Administrator
  • Extra Class Ham Radio Op / VE, CERT
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2012, 06:33:33 PM »
Slick et. el

Once you sign up, you have 2 full years to complete your studies. 
The only dumb question is the one that did not get asked!!

W.Lynn

• CDT
  • Trouble-making grandma
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2012, 08:55:25 PM »
I am so torn, I wanted to wait until I could get a transceiver to listen on, and the proper book (the one DH could find was brand new in the store, but it's 2004, and it's a "For Dummies" which are pretty good books.)

But you're so close to having ten now ... and I would want tech and general, at least, for now.

AD

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2012, 10:40:39 PM »
WL

see this post http://www.preparedham.com/forums/index.php?topic=134.0 and you can listen all you want 

Slick75

• New Site Member
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2012, 11:15:55 PM »
Slick et. el

Once you sign up, you have 2 full years to complete your studies.
Cool deal, but Im still broke for a few more days. As soon as that little mole hill is behind me I will be ready. Between tax return and my first paycheck of the month in 2 weeks I will be ready.

W.Lynn

• CDT
  • Trouble-making grandma
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2012, 12:37:49 AM »
WL

see this post http://www.preparedham.com/forums/index.php?topic=134.0 and you can listen all you want

Thanks AD. Unfortunately, I'm usually browsing on a smart phone, like now.  I have found some web sites less friendly than others when it comes to what works for me (with the least fuss and bother.) I'll find some time this weekend to get a real computer powered up, and see if the grandcubs will listen with me.

They like gadgets.

W.Lynn

• CDT
  • Trouble-making grandma
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2012, 12:41:08 AM »
And I see the list is at 9.  If it gets to next Wednesday without a 10th person, then I'll go ahead and jump in the first group to speed it up.

Can always make another purchase for some other member of my family later, and fill out another discount group.

AD

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2012, 02:54:43 PM »
After looking at the cost of setting up a paypal or google account to accept money from you, i think i have come to the conclusion that, me paying up front the $400 and then getting paid by you guys through PayPal or Google is going to cost about 4%(2.9% + a fee for each transaction ) its really not going to be that big of a discount in the end.

I am sorry i got you all spun up on the, but its just ending up being a lot of work and "little" discount of around $2 in the end. 

Maybe if we keep growing and we can offer other things like ARRL books, coffee cups  :o and Angery American Novels  8) we will start a store front.

Again, i am sorry for getting everyone spun up for such a small discount in the end.  And everyday you wait for 10 people and me to set this up, is a day longer before up start studying. 

Slick75

• New Site Member
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2012, 03:49:05 PM »
No sweat on my part, I would jumped in if it was a deal breakers for others, but I got no problem paying the little extra.

It was a good idea though.

W.Lynn

• CDT
  • Trouble-making grandma
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2012, 08:11:53 PM »
After looking at the cost of setting up a paypal or google account to accept money from you, i think i have come to the conclusion that, me paying up front the $400 and then getting paid by you guys through PayPal or Google is going to cost about 4%(2.9% + a fee for each transaction ) its really not going to be that big of a discount in the end.

I am sorry i got you all spun up on the, but its just ending up being a lot of work and "little" discount of around $2 in the end. 

Maybe if we keep growing and we can offer other things like ARRL books, coffee cups  :o and Angery American Novels  8) we will start a store front.

Again, i am sorry for getting everyone spun up for such a small discount in the end.  And everyday you wait for 10 people and me to set this up, is a day longer before up start studying.

There are some paypal modes that are free, such as sending money to a friend or family member, rather than to a business.  Since you aren't selling us anything (merely consolidating the funds for a group purchase,) I would recommend going that way.

If we want to take a little longer, there's also snail-mail.  Still pretty reliable in the USA.   And there's always direct transfers, but some peoples' banks charge extra, which is screwy.

idial1911

• Administrator
  • Extra Class and VE
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2012, 08:16:18 PM »
I loathe paypal and hope they all rot in hell.

But you can use the "gift" payment for anything under 500$ and it doesn't cost anything.
The more I learn, the less I know.