Author Topic: Southeast Roundtable  (Read 12431 times)

idial1911

• Administrator
  • Extra Class and VE
Re: Southeast Roundtable
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2012, 06:04:41 PM »
TAPRN is such a disappointment, they almost never get off within 40 minutes of the start time. They are all over the place, then it's only 2 people. I am not saying we are any better, but our site has only been around for 2 months or so.
The more I learn, the less I know.

winsatara

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 06:21:37 PM »
umm ok, i've been net control a few times for them when they didn't have someone to step up to the plate. I did my best. :)

idial1911

• Administrator
  • Extra Class and VE
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2012, 07:25:26 PM »
Yea it definately wasn't you as net control. It was an older guy in Kentucky both times I tried to tune in. They just don't have any leadership to track down a frequency hold it and do their thing.
The more I learn, the less I know.

kf4lne

• Communications Bunker
  • New Site Member
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2012, 04:04:46 PM »
Once I get my HF rig back from being repaired I am in.
Dan
KF4LNE/WQIM928

The contents of my posts are for entertainment and educational purposes only. If you fail to survive doing something you read in this post, to bad. Thats just more preps for me :p

BTPost

• Old Fart Ham
  • Prepper
    • Bruce's Trading Post
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2012, 05:12:58 PM »
The parts for my TS-690 will be here tomorrow, and I have one of my TS-430s just back from a tuneup and repair. It is running just like Brand New... I will be around, and listening....
Bruce in alaska AL7AQ

16bravolima

• Cool Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Class/VE/CERT Team Leader
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2012, 08:27:01 PM »
umm ok, i've been net control a few times for them when they didn't have someone to step up to the plate. I did my best. :)

Win,

I thought TAPRN was only digital mode these days relying on the BBS... Let me know if they are still trying to conduct a voice net.
Lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine

winsatara

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 09:53:30 PM »
16BL - Sorry for delay replying. 
TAPRN has its voice net every Sunday night, no matter how many folks show up.  That never changed/went away.  I was not on this past Sunday due to being out camping with the family for Memorial Day holiday weekend, but I'm there 99% of the time (and do net control quite a bit, but not every Sunday).

TAPRN Info (for those who want it):
Sunday Night 9PM Est for the regular Net on 80 meters at 3.818 Mhz LSB (+/- 6k for QRM) (if needed, we've been lately moving up a bit). 
FYI - There is a Pre-Net ragchew scheduled at 8PM, but most of the time, folks wait until right before the regular net time of 9PM to hop on.
www.taprn.com has a chatroom that's a little active right before the regular net time (you don't have to be a member and it's anonymous, if you want it to be)

Have a good night,
Winsatara