Author Topic: Morgan Carter (a.k.a. Angery American) of Going Home fame will be on the air  (Read 11135 times)

AD

• Administrator
  • Extra Class Ham Radio Op / VE, CERT
Angery American will be on the air via phone on 20 or 40 meters or what ever bands propagation allow.  sometime in the evening of Oct 7, 8 or 9th from the wilds Wyoming.   

We will post freqs and times as we get closer to that date. 

Anyone making contact with us will be in the running for a signed 3 book set of the Going Home series.

Let us know if you are interested. 
The only dumb question is the one that did not get asked!!

unseenone

• Administrator
Sounds Like Fun!

BillinNM

• Administrator
  • Too Many Hobbies, not enough time or money!
Nah.  ;D. In other words, Hell Yeah!!
General class license since 1992, been inactive for about 10 years, just getting back into it, thanks to Going Home.   Edit...AE on 4/29/2012

AD

• Administrator
Want to go fpr a ride Bill?

scubadivingjoe

• Prepper
I am in, just say when

AD

• Administrator
We are heading to Denver for the Prep Expo where AA will sgn books.  After that we are eading to Tex's place for wiskey HAM fishing and shooting. 

We will be on the air 10/7,8,9

Tex

• Good friends are hard to come by. Treat'em that way.
  • Need a horse?
    • Wyoming: where the men are men and the women are too
It is sounding like it will be damn fun time. Bill, are you going to come up? What abouut you, Joe?

Tex
You big'uns line up, and you little'uns bunch up. It's about to get western.

scubadivingjoe

• Prepper
I would love to come up.  Right now school is taking up all my time.

BillinNM

• Administrator
  • Too Many Hobbies, not enough time or money!
I can't tell you how much I would love to be there, but not possible this time.  Next year's Expo will be a different situation though.  I feel that the xyl was left to deal with the entire home/pets/chickens by herself while I was in the horsepital, and would not feel right about making her do it again yet.
General class license since 1992, been inactive for about 10 years, just getting back into it, thanks to Going Home.   Edit...AE on 4/29/2012

Tex

• Good friends are hard to come by. Treat'em that way.
  • Need a horse?
    • Wyoming: where the men are men and the women are too
There have been a few posts over on AA's site, But I figured this site was due one as well. Everyone here had more fun than should be allowable. Those who were unable to make really missed out. We all met up at a local watering hole Saturday night and it went downhill from there. One would think that four strangers meeting would take some time to get to know one another. That didn't happen at all. It was as if our happening onto one another at the bar was a weekly occurance. We all knew as much about each other as anyone possibly could.

Just like I expected, it was a laugh a minute with nothing or nobody safe from ridicule and friendly barbs. The fishing trip was all that everybody had hoped with several fish landed and laughs all day long. We saw some beautiful country and had some very good and knowledgeable guides. I can't thank AD enough for insisting that we do that trip. It was my first time flyfishing and was an absolute blast.

The next day we went on a tour of the ranch with several stops to needlessly blast away at some unsuspecting fencepost or weed. We put Unseenone's yuppy status symbol through its paces just to insure it would be a sufficient bugout vehicle during an apocolypse. Now, I too, want a Range Rover. During the tour I showed them several places I have where a person can set up some long range targets. We even figured out that I can set up targets out to almost 800yds and shoot right off of the back porch.

We were able to dial in AA's new 308 and everybody had a chance to get comfortable with it. I really enjoyed it and got inspired, because these three yahoos surprised me with my very own Remington 700 Tactical in 308. It is identical to the rifle AA has. After shooting his I am impatient to get started on mine. We also dialed in my AR the same day and worked on Unseenone's AR too. I learned that AD is definitely one you don't want firing in your direction. At 113m he was hitting a six inch target with his Glock shooting offhand. That was an amazing example of marksmanship.

Yesterday we went over to a neighbors ranch to shoot prariedogs. That in itself takes some skill. Almost all of our shots were beyond 300yds. Unseenone donned his camo and really did become the unseen one. I have got to get some of that multi-cam. We had to pass on some shots because we weren't sure where he was exactly. While we were shooting, AD, was on themobile ham unit in the vehicle. He made contact with Croatia and also a ship coming from the UK to the US. As a ham wannabe, I thought that was pretty cool.

Over the last several days four guys from different backgrounds and parts of the country all came together to simply have fun. It all came together because of AA's book, but since the beginning it has went way beyond the books. The friendships that have developed have dwarfed anything the book will ever do. These last few days have just been a real life extension of what we have all built online over the last few years. We all came away with more than we came with. I know that I learned a lot from those guys and I hope that I was able to teach them a little about our lives out here.

We talked more than a few times about all of the friends who we wished were here. Everybody not here was missed in a big way. It is our wish that everybody can make it up next June for the branding here on the ranch. We got our heads together and have came up with a shooting contest we will have at that time and we hope to make it an annual event. I encourage everyone to try and make plans to attend. There will be a lot of discussions about it between now and then, I'm sure.

Having those guys here was a real blast. I was telling the Hostile Native this morning that I feel like we crammed six months of fun into four days. I can't speak for the other three, but I know I am beat right now. I would do it all again tomorrow though, if I could.

Thanks for the laughs and good times, guys. I can't wait to do it all again.

Tex
You big'uns line up, and you little'uns bunch up. It's about to get western.

AD

• Administrator
You and the native were great hosts. Loved the animals, but I think Spud was my favorite. Reminded me of my old Max K2

Thank again for all your hospitality

Tempstar

• Extra, VE, SC Agency MARS, AUXCOMM, ARES/RACES
Damn if I ain't jealous....
"Preparedness is a lot more than just buying stuff"

idial1911

• Administrator
  • Extra Class and VE
There have been a few posts over on AA's site, But I figured this site was due one as well. Everyone here had more fun than should be allowable. Those who were unable to make really missed out. We all met up at a local watering hole Saturday night and it went downhill from there. One would think that four strangers meeting would take some time to get to know one another. That didn't happen at all. It was as if our happening onto one another at the bar was a weekly occurance. We all knew as much about each other as anyone possibly could.

Just like I expected, it was a laugh a minute with nothing or nobody safe from ridicule and friendly barbs. The fishing trip was all that everybody had hoped with several fish landed and laughs all day long. We saw some beautiful country and had some very good and knowledgeable guides. I can't thank AD enough for insisting that we do that trip. It was my first time flyfishing and was an absolute blast.

The next day we went on a tour of the ranch with several stops to needlessly blast away at some unsuspecting fencepost or weed. We put Unseenone's yuppy status symbol through its paces just to insure it would be a sufficient bugout vehicle during an apocolypse. Now, I too, want a Range Rover. During the tour I showed them several places I have where a person can set up some long range targets. We even figured out that I can set up targets out to almost 800yds and shoot right off of the back porch.

We were able to dial in AA's new 308 and everybody had a chance to get comfortable with it. I really enjoyed it and got inspired, because these three yahoos surprised me with my very own Remington 700 Tactical in 308. It is identical to the rifle AA has. After shooting his I am impatient to get started on mine. We also dialed in my AR the same day and worked on Unseenone's AR too. I learned that AD is definitely one you don't want firing in your direction. At 113m he was hitting a six inch target with his Glock shooting offhand. That was an amazing example of marksmanship.

Yesterday we went over to a neighbors ranch to shoot prariedogs. That in itself takes some skill. Almost all of our shots were beyond 300yds. Unseenone donned his camo and really did become the unseen one. I have got to get some of that multi-cam. We had to pass on some shots because we weren't sure where he was exactly. While we were shooting, AD, was on themobile ham unit in the vehicle. He made contact with Croatia and also a ship coming from the UK to the US. As a ham wannabe, I thought that was pretty cool.

Over the last several days four guys from different backgrounds and parts of the country all came together to simply have fun. It all came together because of AA's book, but since the beginning it has went way beyond the books. The friendships that have developed have dwarfed anything the book will ever do. These last few days have just been a real life extension of what we have all built online over the last few years. We all came away with more than we came with. I know that I learned a lot from those guys and I hope that I was able to teach them a little about our lives out here.

We talked more than a few times about all of the friends who we wished were here. Everybody not here was missed in a big way. It is our wish that everybody can make it up next June for the branding here on the ranch. We got our heads together and have came up with a shooting contest we will have at that time and we hope to make it an annual event. I encourage everyone to try and make plans to attend. There will be a lot of discussions about it between now and then, I'm sure.

Having those guys here was a real blast. I was telling the Hostile Native this morning that I feel like we crammed six months of fun into four days. I can't speak for the other three, but I know I am beat right now. I would do it all again tomorrow though, if I could.

Thanks for the laughs and good times, guys. I can't wait to do it all again.

Tex

Give a guy a phone call, txt, facebook, tweet, something next time man!!!!
The more I learn, the less I know.

AD

• Administrator
Sorry brother.  It was a spur of the moment for me as I had a work trip canceled and booked everything 6 days before I went to Denver to meet up.

In June we are having a big powwow at Texs ranch woth tons of cool stuff going on. 

Round up and branding, animal husbandry and many other skills taught. 

Why do you can and give tactical pistol and Rifle classes. 

Tex is setting up some long range steel as well as some pistol steel poppers and plates.

idial1911

• Administrator
  • Extra Class and VE
Texas in June sounds hot as hell

Wyoming in October seems a lot nicer!

I need to drop some ELK man!

We do need a get together.. I'll travel somewhere.
The more I learn, the less I know.